Kernel panic - installing on HP DC7100

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) nils at lemonbit.nl
Sun Sep 17 17:17:55 UTC 2006

Nicholas Adrian Suppiah wrote:

> I am trying to install FC5 on a HP DC7100 but it fails to even load
> the
> installation kernel. The same goes for SuSE10.1.
>
> It just displays a kernel Panic message after detecting the mouse and
> keyboard.
>
> Can anyone advice? It may be a BIOS problem but I have yet to find a
> solution.

This is the Fedora Legacy list, for the Fedora Legacy project.
Currently FC3 and FC4 are maintained by the Fedora Legacy Project
(http://www.fedoralegacy.org/). FC5 is currently still 'normally'
maintained. See http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/communicate/ for
an overview of the Fedora mailinglists. Questions regarding FC5
should be directed to fedora-list (http://www.redhat.com/mailman/