New proposed top level FAQ for the defunct FedoraLegacy project

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 9 19:46:13 UTC 2007

David A. Ranch wrote:

>> >I would like the mirrorlist to stay if that's possible. Maybe change
>> >it to say that there is no guarantee they are still up and serving
>> FL  >repo's. I've already saved a local copy, so it's not really for
>> me,  >but someone else might just find it very useful.
>>
> Agreed and I also saved a copy too.  The problem is.. since little to no
> effort would be going into polcing the mirrors, this mirror list will
> probably start to reflect bad information.
>
> Personally.. I'm still hoping that Redhat will re-fund this effort as I
> think it's very valuable but then again, I doubt they really care that
> much.

"Refund" assumes that Red Hat was involved in the first place. Other
than providing infrastructure services, Fedora Legacy is completely
volunteer based. There is already a huge amount of funding on Fedora
from Red Hat. Asking for more would require a good business case for it.
I doubt you can find one easily.

Rahul