New proposed top level FAQ for the defunct FedoraLegacy project

David A. Ranch dranch at juniper.net
Sat Feb 10 02:27:31 UTC 2007

> Done.  I've removed most unneeded pages, posted notices on most of the main
> pages left, and put a modified version of the suggested FAQ on the front
> page.

1. On the front page just below the red frame, it says:
--
The current model for supporting maintenance distributions is being
re-examined. In the meantime, we are unable to extend any support to Red

It's not being re-examined.  I would change that line to say "The
FedoraLegacy Project has shutdown and has ceiesed offering any RPM
updates for all legacy Redhat and FedoraCore distributions.  Please see
below for additional information."

2. The 4th Q&A section on the page is mis-formatted. Move the "A:" to a
newline

3. I would add a link to the Fedora-legacy-list archives as a final
bullet for people to learn more about the shutdown beyond this short faq
    http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-list/

4. The download page should be completely removed or at least completely
stripped.  Why offer information on how to Legacy-enable old distros if
the master download.fedoralegacy.org site is forever dead?

5. Any news on how long the website will stay up?  Who runs this
server?  Redhat or someone else?

--David