Fedora Forum Offering

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 11 13:42:54 UTC 2003

Lewt @ Warcry News Network  said:
> All,
>
> 	I'm the Site Manager of Linux Warcry http://linux.warcry.com for awhile
> I've been playing with Fedora and have been active on the IRC channel a
> bit in the last few weeks.  However between IRC and the mailing list
> (500 messages today) it's becoming increasingly harder to manage all of
> the requests and such flowing past.
>
> I however have a Fedora forum setup on my site which offers many
> benefits that email and IRC cannot.

Someone suggested this during the test phase and found a lot of people
just don't like forums (myself included).

> Ability to manage the forum into any format such as phpbb's look or any
> other bb software out there.

Use any mail client you want.  Heck, for that matter, point to gmane and
use and usenet client you want.

> Private Messages

Don't you have their e-mail address when they post?

> VIP listings so we know when the official people post

??  "Official" what?

> Moderation

No one wants moderation.  It's an open project.

[snip]
> If the "Officials" would support this it would be a good thing becuase
> it provides the abiliy for many users to manage all the information
> easier and so much gets lost in the noise where in the forums people can
> search for what they're looking for and it cuts down on the redundant
> questions.  If it's acceptable to them then those people should contact
> me to arrange VIP status and such.

The same people that don't bother to search the web based archives now
won't bother to search your web based forum.

--
William Hooper