Scanner and Fedora Core 1

Bengt Lindholm bengt.lindholm at salnet.fi
Wed Nov 26 11:55:27 UTC 2003

Is there somebody with a working scsi-scanner?

My Umax PL-II worked fine with RedHat 9 out of the box. Then I installed
Fedora from scratch and even as root the "sane-find-scanner" does not
find anythig. Fedora knows, that the sacnner is there (scanner -> sg1).
I uninstalled the old sane-backends, got the latest from
sane-project.org and configured it. The same result. Is it possible,
that the scsi is somehow already in use and that is why the
sane-find-scanner or xsane does not work?

What to do?

Bengt