[Fwd: Mozilla and Multimedia]

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Thu Nov 27 06:17:03 UTC 2003

Elton Woo ha scritto:

> I'm using Moxilla 1.4.1, and I have both RealOnePlayer and gxine /xine
> installed.
>
> Swissjazz gives me sound with the realaudio player, but I get the same
> result with nostalgie. It appears that they are using wmf (Windows
> Media Format) ... which, AFAIK, has no equivalent open source codecs
> available for linux. I'd simply drop that station, if I were you.
>
> I *highly recommend* this site for finding audio and video content
> http://www.virtualtuner.com/
> The mantainer of this site is very quick to respond to reports of
> outdated, missing, or incorrect links.
>
> auguri,
>
> Elton ;-)

Tnx for info.

I checked some radio with MS Media player. Many work for example NRJ
Berlin...

Some says that mms is not a registered protocol and it don't work, some
play also with mms protocol.

I am little bit confused, multimedia is a big issue if Linux (any
distribution) would kill MS on the desktop.

;-)

--

  Antonio

  Written with  Mozilla 1.4.1 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
  You can grab Mozilla at www.mozilla.org
  Scritto con Mozilla 1.4.1 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
  Puoi scaricare Mozilla presso www.mozilla.org