Can't read XDELTA from CD

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 4 13:03:22 UTC 2004

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 01:55:23PM +0100, The Engineer wrote:
> From: "The Engineer" <short.circuit at btinternet.com>
> To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 13:55:23 +0100
> Subject: Can't read XDELTA from CD
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am having a problem reading the 'xdelta' rpm from CD3 of FC1 (The last package I think).
>
> Has anybody had a similar error and is there a solution to this ?

Sounds like a bad rwite to the CDROM.

> Out of interest, is this a necessary package to install, and if not,
> where does one remove it from ?

If you can skip it for now go ahead.

Once the system is up you can yum/up2date install it.
I might reburn CD3 at a slow speed 1 or 2x if I had trouble
skipping it.

====
Xdelta(1)                                                            Xdelta(1)

NAME
       xdelta - Invoke Xdelta

SYNOPSIS
       xdelta subcommand [ option...  ] [ operand...  ]

DESCRIPTION
       Xdelta  provides the ability to generate deltas between a pair of files
       and later apply those deltas.  It operates  similar  to  the  diff  and
       patch  commands, but works on binary files and does not produce a human
       readable output.

Note that all the man pages are live on a long list of hosts
on the net.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l