Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Aug 6 09:12:36 UTC 2004

--On Friday, August 06, 2004 4:45 AM -0400 Greg Swallow
<gswallow at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> More to point, Windows and/or Mac OS do not delivery with such content
> and, if Red Hat/Fedora wants business to seriously consider their
> product, it should do the same. Else businesses will continue to buy
> Windows and Mac OS and keep Linux in the closet.

And move jobs off shore. It's not that labor is that much cheaper, but that
there's a lot less legal risk:

<http://harrybrowne.org/articles/ExportingJobs.htm>

Given that you have to carry the risk, I'd recommend dropping Fedora from
consideration and only looking at the Enterprise stuff. Leave Fedora for
the self-employed, home users, and users outside the US.