cracking winmodem issues in FC2

Gabriel Mititica gabriel_mititica at yahoo.ca
Fri Aug 27 06:32:57 UTC 2004

Andrew:

>I am running slmdm-2.9.7 and it works fine for me.
Are > you starting it with the -a option, as I
understand    > that is required due to ALSA included
in 2.6 kernels.  > There is a thread about this from a
couple of months > ago (Apr May -- I think)  Does your
slamr module     > load?

I compiled slmdm without ALSA support. I forgot to
check it the option in the .config file and on a PIII
compilation takes quite a while..

Is it ALSA essential to get this Toshiba Software
Modem AMR working?

modprobe slamr OK
slmodemd --country=CANADA /dev/ttyS0 OK
ln -s /dev/ttySL64 /dev/modem

ifup <connection> (config produced by the
/usr/bin/system-config-network) FAIL

/usr/bin/kppp FAIL

> My /etc/sysconfig/slmodemd looks like this
> SLMODEMD_DEVICE="slamr0"
> SLMODEMD_OPTS="-a"
> PERMS=666

> I set the perms that way so I a normal user could
use > the modem.  - Yeah
> I know that's wrong but...

Maybe adding users group in sudoers list for running
slmodemd?!

Regards and thanks again!
Gabriel