Failed disk in Raid

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikep at mi-consultants.com
Mon Dec 27 13:06:07 UTC 2004

On one my home machines I run Software RAID 0 ever since I had set it up
for a client of mine.
I figured it is good insurance.

Well it looks like last night it paid off.
I received a disk failed event.
My primary / partition has a block that is not writeable on /dev/hda

If this was a customer's machine I would say trash the disk and put in a
new one.
Not worth the $ for the trouble it could cause.

But since this is my home machine, and my $ are a bit more precious to me,
I was thinking of removing all the partitions from the raid and trying
to fix it using chkdisk and then adding it back into the raid.

What do you think?

Mike