Spam Filter for sendmail

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Dec 6 02:21:20 UTC 2004

On Monday, Dec 6th 2004 at 08:45 +1100, quoth Ben Halicki:

=>Anyone have any suggestions for a good spam filter to run in a corporate
=>environment, running with sendmail and dovecot?

I run sendmail with spamassassin hooked in via spamass-milter. Despite the
comments from a couple of people here I have *never* had a failure from
spamass-milter.

I prefer using spamass-milter over using procmail for one simple reason: I
want to reject the spam before it has been received. When you use
procmail, the sender *knows* that the mail has been successfully received.
Whenever possible I want to reject before it's in.

steveo at syslang.net