ejecting cd-rom

Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr. diogenes at xenodochy.org
Wed Dec 15 14:55:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:58:30 +0100, prioualexandre
<prioualexandre at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> vladuz976 wrote:
>
>> hi
>> i have problems ejecting cd roms.
>> i can mount them with mount /dev/hdc
>> but it wont let me eject them.
>> mount /dev/hdc
>> eject /dev/hdc
>> eject: unable to open `/dev/hdc'
>>
>> can anybody help?
>>

>     see this cmd :
>           df -h
>     if you not have one ligne with : /dev/hdc , your CDROM is not mounted
>
>      else, execute  :
>           cd <enter>
>           eject /dev/hdc  or eject cdrom
>                 but see this file : /etc/fstab
>        for see your mount point of this device

I don't know about devices, but I didn't see 'umount' before eject above.
I can't eject my cdrom unless it's unmounted. (But I'm in Redhat 9 too.)

--
Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr.
http://www.xenodochy.org/ralph.html

Home pages:
http://www.xenodochy.org
http://www.ballroomdances.org
FIGHT SPAM http://www.xenodochy.org/diogenes/antispam.html
(If you are thinking about collecting my email address, read the above
page first!)
Keep our semantic environments and cyberspace clean.
Always report errors discovered while surfing the web.
My favorite saying (from general semantics):
It's not that seeing is believing, believing is seeing,
and we're much better at believing than we are at seeing.
http://www.xenodochy.org/ex/quotes/santayana.html