FC 3 Display Problems

cfk cfk at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 27 04:45:43 UTC 2004

Dear Michael:
 I went through the same problem today on an Intel motherboard with the same
i810 CGC. If you look back in the list about four hours, or google "i810
video driver is broken", there is help..

 Basically, the FC1 and FC2 installs work just fine with the i810.
Unfortunately, the FC3 dunt. It turns out to be an issue with video refresh
which shows up as (variously):

a blank screen
a screen with cute vertical stripes
character salad

This depends on some cute timing issues.

But,...There is a work around...

One can put:

Option "NoAccel"

into the Device section of the xorg.conf file. One can also download a later
version of the xorg-x11 rpm. I personally went for the Option statement for
now and it worked fine in 1600x1200/16 mode.

You might try that and see how it works for you.

Charles