How do I change the configration of sendmail

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Thu Jan 1 20:10:23 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 02:29 pm, William Hooper wrote:

> If you read the init script for sendmail, you will find your changes
> made directly to the sendmail.cf file can and will be overwritten.
> The warning "DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!  Only edit the source .mc file."
> is there for a reason.

I'm not sure where you found that, I just looked on several my systems
and I don't see that warning either in sendmail.cf or in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail.  But then again, I've been using my own
copies of these files for probably eight years or so.

Please let me know where it says this so I can try some "out-of-the-box"
installs and try to understand where sendmail or RHL/FC might make
these changes.

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation