Eclipse

David A. Frantz wizard at eznet.net
Thu Jan 8 18:12:17 UTC 2004

Hi All;

I'm wondering if anybody has a line on an rpm with a compiled version of
eclipse that is built for FC1?    What I'm looking for is the version of
eclipse compiled with gjc the gnu java compiler.

I'm not even sure if this is possible with the version of gcc shipped
with FC1.   Information on building eclipse with gcc is hard to come by
and I lost track of one web site that had the info.

As an aside if anybody has any experience with the native version of
eclipse, could you please comment on its speed and responsiveness.    I
do have to wonder if Java will ever have an agreeable performance.

Thanks
Dave