Non FOSS and Fedora

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Jan 12 18:55:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 18:00, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> In this whole discussion, YOU are the limiter of freedoms claming to know
> what's best for everybody else.

Where did I limit anyone's freedom of anything? I'm confused.

> Sad, really.

Indeed, not understanding the difference between critic and forcing is
really sad, it breaks down all sense of arguing about Freedom of Speech.

> >We're there. We're WAY EASIER to use than Windows 3.1 and many non
> >computer savvy people used it every day, so don't give me bullshit :)
>
> I just had to quote this... it's actually funny. <grin>
>
> The modern world is at least three generations of software development
> ahead of Win3.1 today. Why would you possibly think that comparing Linux
> today to Win3.1 then would be a favorable thing?

I did not mean it was a favorable thing. Only that it is unreal to say
that GNU/Linux is NOT THERE. People used (and some still do) to use
things far, far worse.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?