Kpackage missing from Kdeadmin - Why, and howto rectify

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Tue Jan 13 03:01:42 UTC 2004

On January 12, 2004 20:25, Bevan C. Bennett wrote:
> What's a little weird is that kdeartwork contains icons for it:
> And the localization packages contain data for it:
> ...yet it indeed doesn't appear to be in any of the core rpms.

The KDE packages in Fedora are something that Red Hat should be ashamed of.

Given that KDE is almost twice as loved as GNOME
(http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/forumdisplay.php?forumid=37), Red
Hat should be more careful in its KDE packages. KDE is also *very easy* to
package, there are no reasons for the packages to be so bad.

> I've never used it, but from the poster's description it sounds like a
> nice package-management tool for the individual user.

It sure is!

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org