Whitebox Linux

Sturla Holm Hansen sturlahh at online.no
Tue Jan 13 16:01:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 16:24, William Hooper wrote:
> WipeOut said:
> >>Okay, so that begs the question...IIRC, the Fedora community will only
> >>support a released version of FC for approx two months after the release
> >> of
> >>a new version, which means that FC1 and RHL9 will both have their
> >>errata/security update support discontinued at about the same time.  For
> >>what amount of time is the WBEL community committing to support a
> >> released
> >>version after the next one comes out?
> >>
> > Its based on the SRPM's from RHEL3 so for as long as RH release updates
> > to RHEL (5 years if I rememeber correctly) there should be updates
> > availible for WBEL..
>
> Actually John (the one who set up the Whitebox project) has said nothing
> of the kind.  Since he is doing this as part of his work at a library, his
> interests are those of the library.  IIRC he has even stated that if they
> like RHEL4 better they might just make a new Whitebox version for that,
> which might mean he stops recompiling any updates for the current version
> of Whitebox.
>
> Of course Whitebox has nothing to do with Fedora, therefore is OT here.
>
> --
> William Hooper

I can't refute that it's off topic, nevertheless I think it's
interresting, and I guess a lot of old RH-users agrees with me.
How strict are we going to be?
Many on this list has RH-servers running and, like me, are a little
nervous about switching to FC1 on the servers, so discussions about
other possibilities is definitely in the scope of interrest for a great
deal of people on this list....

Sturla