Subject: Re: fedora official ntfs support

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at weiss.name
Thu Jan 15 17:42:43 UTC 2004

From: "Szakacsits Szabolcs" <szaka at sienet.hu>
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 05:31:34AM -0800, David Jackson wrote:
> > >
> > > Does any Linux Distro Support NTFS?
> >
> > I believe Mandrake ships their kernel with ntfs enabled.
>
> Mandrake also imports stuff, e.g. fonts from NTFS, automatically (or
> optionally custom) repartition NTFS during Linux install for almost a
> year. Since October SUSE can do these also.

IIRC, Mandrake is based in France and is therefore not subject to U.S. law.

IIRC, Suse is a German company, and until the acquisition by Novell is
complete, is also not subject to U.S. law.  I imagine that Suse may no
longer be able to do these things out of the box once the acquisition is
complete.  Then again, I am neither a lawyer nor a prophet. :)

Ben