Big Unofficial FAQ Update

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Sun Jan 25 10:19:53 UTC 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:12:49 -0800, Maxwell Kanat-Alexander wrote:

> 	Hey there. I've just posted a big update to the Unofficial Fedora FAQ.
> Significant changes are:
>
> 	+ A link to the AMD64 FAQ
> 	+ Added another possible Radeon solution
> 	+ Linked to the Flash-Plugin FAQ
> 	+ Noted that nVidia RPMs will now be coming from linva.org.
> 	+ Updated the RhythmBox with MP3s information to be more up-to-date.

Note that an updated rhythmbox plus mp3 gstreamer plugin add-on could come
from rpm.livna.org, too, if someone took a few minutes to give the waiting
packages an "okay":

  http://bugzilla.livna.org/QA

Reviewers need not dig into low-level rpm building matters. Whether the
src.rpm builds and the included tar.gz/tar.bz2 matches what is distributed
by the upstream project, can be acknowledged by everyone who knows how to
"rpmbuild --rebuild" a src.rpm and install/extract an rpm.