Bind v. TinyDNS

Christopher Chan cchan at outblaze.com
Mon Jan 5 08:20:34 UTC 2004

Alex White wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:07:48 +0800 Christopher Chan <cchan at outblaze.com>
> typed with great determination:
>

>>>Hmm. That is the dictionary definition of the word license.
>

> Yes, is there another definition of the word?

=D In the back of my mind I have a Microsoft definition

>>>How can anybody judge a person because he limits the ways you are
>>>allowed to distribute his work or even to use his work like most of
>>>the other software available?
>

> I don't recall making an attack on the man's character. I don't know how
> a person could judge an individual based on the license they invoke.

Funny how many different angles people can see things from huh?

> Doesn't change my opinion on the license though, and as one other
> individual pointed out to me, I think that's best left for me to discuss
> with DJB myself. It's pretty sure it's outside the scope of the list to
> have anyone try to change another's opinion at this point.
>
> ^_^

Yeah. Guess fighting spam has got me so strung up I found it hard to
accept that people would actually recommend not to use a piece of good
software just because there is no provision for redistributing modified
versions although the software and its code is available without charge
and you can use it anyway you like in its original form or modified.