Is it worth changing to fedora ?

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Fri Jan 9 00:00:52 UTC 2004

csclark at uwm.edu wrote:

> I joined this mailing list because I wanted to read about others experiences
> with fedora before I migrated to it. I am second thoughts because all of the
> mail I am receiving: it like many users are having problems with Fedora.
> Would anyone recommend installing Fedora, or should I wait until the next
> version?

As a personal linux installation on a relatively standard system, I
recommend it highly. The installation was smooth for all my test
systems, and things just seem to run better than in recent older RHs.

As a specific example, I was never able to get a USB camera to work
properly with RH8 or RH9 (different systems) but it came right up under
gtkam on Fedora-Core-1.

After watching this list for a while, most people here with problems are
dealing with more complex configurations that usual, home-compiled
add-ons, or non-standard hardware.

I should note that I'm a big fan of clean installs rather than
'upgrades' when possible... which does tend to help a bit.