Whitebox Linux

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed Jan 21 10:19:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 18:43, William Hooper wrote:
> Rui Miguel Seabra said:
> >> of
> >> they're
> >>
> >> The service agreement has nothing to to with the license.  You are about
> >> to do anything with the software within it's license agreement.  The
> >
> > <sarcasm>Really? Who would guess?</sarcasm>
> >
> > Contract law (the service agreement) has _nothing_ to do with copyright
> > law, but a contract that has clauses limiting rights granted by the real
> > authors of software might not be seen as good faith (I don't see it as
> > good faith. Legal, yes, honorable, not really).
>
> And entering the service agreement with the intent to violate it's terms
> is in good faith?

oh, at least I don't plan to _ever_ use RHN.

Please notice that my company would gladly pay 1000 EUR every year for a
timely access to the updates per version of RedHat that we need.

Just not and never 1800 EUR per seat (yes, that's the price here). I
don't require tech support, and the updates are a matter of easy our
job. If we have to do it in a harder way, we will.

Rui.

+ So let's do it...?