problem removing Mozilla 1.4 which came with FC1

Ko Pu ko_pu at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 17:01:04 UTC 2004

Hello:
I just installed FC1 in my AMD Athlon XP machine, during install I didn't
ask to install graphical internet package, but the Mozilla got installed
anyway, now I installed Firebird 0.7 and tried to remove Mozilla 1.4, but
was unsucessful, I got the following error message when tried:

[root at d206-116-22-105 kpu]# rpm -e mozilla-*
error: Failed dependencies:
        libxpcom.so is needed by (installed) openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-6

Could anyone please tell me how to remove the Mozilla 1.4.1? It was
installed using rpm, can I just delete the directory? I saw lot of posting
saying that Mozilla is supposed to be installed in /usr/local but mine is
under /usr/lib, does it matter?

Thanks in advance for your comment/suggestion

Ko Fei Pu
mailto:ko_pu at nospamhotmail.com