FC2 - slow boot

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Thu Jul 8 00:49:48 UTC 2004

 Followup - it seems to be scsi:

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 11:12:58PM -0700, Rick Johnson wrote:
> Mail Lists wrote:
> >       Red Hat nash version 3.5.22 starting
> >
> >       ** (pauses for a couple of minutes before ... ) **
> >

> Edit /boot/grub/grub.conf and remove the "quiet" arguments in the kernel

   Done -

> On some of my Dell systems, the kernel will pause on the IDE controller

  yes was a short pause for ide - no more than a second or 2.

> Also, most SCSI systems will pause while the SCSI bus is scanned and the

  This is the real culprit - has 2 adaptec controllers - 1 onboard
  and one card.

  My memory could be crusty but it _seems_ like this is slower
  than under  FC1 - but not really sure.

  Anyway, thanks for comments - now if I could just figure out
  why yum update wont update the kernel-doc from 2.6.5 to 2.6.6 ...

  Thanks kindly,

  gene/