Traffic shaping... don't understand the instructions!

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jul 8 16:46:10 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 09:20, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Thursday, July 08, 2004 9:49 AM -0600 "Rodolfo J. Paiz"
> <rpaiz at simpaticus.com> wrote:
>
> > I know I can run these commands from the command line; but how do I make
> > them permanent?
>
> The same way you would for iptables: Write an initscript that restores them
> from a config file. Until then, gather them in a script and invoke them in
> rc.local.

I know rodolfo is using shorewall, so he can just put that into his
tcstart file

> > Where can I find more docs (other than the LARTC guide) to go deeper into
> > this?
>
> I only know the LARTC guide. If you need something more, perhaps you could
> be more specific about what's missing, and post to the lartc mailing list.
> (I'm not trying to drive you away from this list. I just think that list
> will have a much better chance of answering your questions.)

You know what, I've not actually gotten much help in this area no matter
where I look. I've even tried the IRC channel but it's sort of like a
ghost town.

I think I even tried the mailing list, I think I never got subscribed no
matter how I try to subscribe.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel