rpm install dependency error

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jul 14 16:18:41 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 14.07.2004 schrieb John Dangler um 16:31:

> Thanks for the reply.  I had a feeling that may be the problem.  The rub is
> that the software only has one version available for Linux right now.  The
> package is a mysql administration/development tool.  Do you happen to know
> if the mysql tools that come from mySQL AB are worth installing and using?

Sorry, can't say anything about their software. What does the software
do you want to use? There might be alternatives, not directly by MySQL
AB, but by other projects, to be found through freshmeat.net or
sourceforge.net.

> Thanks again for the reply.  As I said, I know this is somewhat ot for this
> list, but I can't seem to get answers anywhere else, and this list is
> something of a lifeline for me, being new to Linux.

No, I don't think your question is off-topic here.

> John

> > error: Failed dependencies:
> >
> >             libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 needed by mymanager-1.3.0-1
> >
> >             libstdc++-libc6.1-1.s0.2 is needed by mymanager-1.3.0-1

> The compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.126.i386.rpm contains following files:

> /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

From what I posted before only the first .so was fulfilled. I meanwhile
rechecked the situation using rpmfind.net and it show different
information that my package content listing. See

http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/2/i386/compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.126.i386.html

libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

So both dependencies provided by the compat-libstrdc++ package of FC2.
Install it and be happy ;)

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.uml
Serendipity 18:09:24 up 1 day, 15:51, load average: 0.23, 0.31, 0.27