FC2 + X Windows and laptop screen turns Green

Bryan Lincoln blincoln at hbs.edu
Tue Jun 1 14:39:37 UTC 2004

Hi,
I've installed FC2 on a Dell laptop and all is fine except if I try to start X
windows. My screen turns green and I have to reboot. I had the same problem
with FC1. I'm guessing it might have to do with video drivers, or information
about sync rates? If I do Xorg -configure and then run that I get the same
problem,
as using the xorg.conf created at install when I tell it I'm using a Dell
laptop.
I'm dual booting and the windows side is ok so the monitor is functional.
thanks for any advice,
Bryan