sendmail in FC2

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 2 17:59:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 12:42, Jason Salaz wrote:
> OK.. I've modified my etc/hosts file to have my host's primary DNS
> server in there, changed the name of the box to the name that it's given
> via DHCP, and also I have added a check mark to ' Obtain DNS information
> from the provider ' in system-config-network, and sendmail works much
> much faster than it used to.

Jason,

Be careful with including the name given to your machine by your ISP.
It may change,  here (RoadRunner land) they are based on the IP address
given to you through DHCP.  Unless you have a fixed IP, your name may
change the next time DHCP negotiates.

As Alexander mentioned earlier, localhost should be all you need in
/etc/hosts.

Bob...