KMail intermittently fails to send

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Fri Jun 4 01:04:39 UTC 2004

On Thursday 03 June 2004 10:24 am, Tim Littlemore wrote:

> I have had a problem for quite a while with KMail where sometimes messages
> do not send properly.

Hi Tim,

I've been using Kmail for about 3 years and I have never seen this behaviour
before.  Does this happens when you try to use a particular MTA? Have you
tried sending an email to another mail server user?

I suggest you talk to the SMTP server manually (using telnet to port 25) and
performing the SMTP talk (helo me , mail from...rcpto to...data...) and see
what happens.

HTH,
Jorge