Flyvideo 3000 capturing board

Greg Wildman rhlist at itns.co.za
Wed Jun 9 15:48:36 UTC 2004

Fons van der Beek said the following on 09/06/2004 15:38:
> Hello all
>
> Does anybody use a FlyVideo 3000 (PAL B) PC-TV  capture board in Fedora core
> 2?
> if so, and if its functioning, would you be so kind to mail the
> modules.conf, modprobe.conf.
>
> I got it working at start, but it isn't functioning anymore after i modified
> the modules.conf or modprobe.conf.
> I would also be muched oblieged for a howto on installing this board for a
> 2.6 kernel.

I have the same card, nothing special to setup. My old Flyvideo98/FM
used the bttv module but the newer ones use this saa7134 module.

If it is not already in your /etc/modprobe.conf then you need the
following line.

alias char-major-81 saa7134

I left it auto-detect the card & tuner and everything works just fine.
Uee tvtime to watch TV without a hitch.

PS. /etc/modules.conf was used by the 2.4 kernels, you can remove that
if you only use 2.6.

--
Greg