[FC2] DISLPAY power management

Jonathan Rawle jr36 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 11:58:24 UTC 2004

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> At 04:47 6/18/2004, hicham wrote:
>>using KDE , configured it using KDE Control Center ->
>>Power Control -> Display Power control
>>using the latest kernel 2.6.6-1.435
>>also happened on the previous kernels if that matters
>
> Someone posted a thread about disabling that in the Control Center and
> using DPMS directly. Maybe a week or two ago. Search the archives for DPMS
> and KDE and you'll likely find something. Also, I find the archives at

That was a suggestion someone gave me. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Now
evidence seems to be pointing towards a bug in xorg. It's very hard to
track down.

I'd be interested to know:

1. How many people are affected by this bug?
2. Does it only affect KDE users, or Gnone users too?
3. Is the reason that more people aren't reporting it because they stay
logged in all the time (for me the unwanted blanking occurrs 30 minutes
after starting X)?