problems with mail

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Jun 21 21:04:45 UTC 2004

We recently had an extended power outage at a remote site and one of my
servers was shutdown hard.

After power was restored (3 days later) and it came back up I have been
having problems with mail.
I first noticed it when my daily logwatch reports were no longer being sent.
On further investigation I find that I cannot even send mail from one
user to another on the same box.

I have done a complete update, replaced procmail and sendmail, rechecked
all the configs in case something had gotten hosed, and rebooted several
times as well as restarting services.  Nothing has worked so far.

Does anyone have pointers on where to look for this type problem?