Erratic Mouse after upgrade of kernel on FC2

Rob Cartier rcartier at apollo.homeip.net
Sun Jun 27 20:25:35 UTC 2004

Hardwired ps/2 mouse no batteries

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:15:30 -0600
From: "Eric Diamond" <eric at ediamond.net>
Subject: RE: Erratic Mouse after upgrade of kernel on FC2
To: "'For users of Fedora Core releases'" <fedora-list at redhat.com>

Sunday, June 27, 2004 8:57 AM Scot L. Harris forwarded along:

>> I hope you don't mind but I posted your reply to me on the
>> mailing list so the information can be captured and hopefully
>> used by others.
>>

>> Glad that worked.  It is interesting that you had this
>> problem without using a kvm.  I believe up to now all the
>> reports of this type of problem involved a kvm switch.
>>
>> There was another patch posted in the last week for these
>> types of problems.  A test patch for the mouse code in the
>> kernel.  If you have any other problems you may want to try that.
>>
>> Also it would be good to know what type of motherboard you
>> are using.

One quick question for Rob: How long has it been since you changed the
batteries in your trackman? I have seen eratic behavior like this with
this and other wireless pointing devices without a KVM when the
batteries are low.

Another possibility, though it may not apply to your situation, is
multiple wireless keyboard/mouse trancievers in close proximity.

Eric Diamond
eDiamond Networking & Security
eric<at>ediamond[dot]net