How to modify gnome menus and panel system wide for new users

Been trying to figure out how to modify the menus and panel system wide
for new users in FC2.  What I need to do is set it up once then when I
create a new user all the custom applications will be in place without
having to customize each users panel separately.

Been poking around the /usr/share/applications folder and the
/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0 directory but have not been able to sort this out.
And so far I have not found the right phrase to google with to get the
info I am looking for.  It looks like these may be used to modify the
menus but I am also looking for how to modify the initial panel setup
that users get.

Can someone point me to information on how to set this up?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid cfl rr com

manic-depressive, adj.: