Re: Firewall & Routing - help!

Nigel Wade wrote:

Just a note to point out that a "bridge" connects two segments of the *same* subnet; a router routes between different networks (including sub-nets). So your firewall is actually routing between the subnets, not bridging them.

If you've checked the "bridging firewall" option in fwbuilder you should turn it off, if fwbuilder thinks it's a bridging firewall it may generate incorrect rules.

You are quite correct, my terminology wasn't totally accurate, I guess I meant it in the layman's turns, which I do a lot. I work with a lot of teachers, and they all tell me I should have been a teacher, as I'm the only one who can explain technical computer issues to them. <grin>

Bridging on fw builder is turned off.