Placing dirve icons on Desktop

I have both of my windows vfat drives mounted
automatically but I can't place an icon for either of
them on the gnome desktop.  In FC1 it was simple, the
OS did it for me but in FC2 that doesn't seem the case
at all.  Are there any hints or statements that would
accomplish this feat?  I would like to double click on
the icon instead of going through the many clicks in
the file browser.

Thank you,

Edward (Mac) McSheehy