[FC2] - AVM Fritz card not recognized

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Fri Jun 18 16:34:38 UTC 2004

Christoph Wickert wrote/ha scritto, On/il 18/06/2004 17:50:

>Am Fr, den 18.06.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 16:50:
>

>>Alexander
>>
>>maybe that the card is not eth2, the questions are:
>>
>>1) why was it installed by Fedora 1 as alias eth2 hisax
>>

>(Old) Bug. According to lspci it is an unspecified "Network controller",
>but kudzu should be smart enough to handle it.
>I had the same in FC Test 2 and 3, now it's back again in FC2.
>

>>2) why was it recognized in browser hardware??
>>

>see above
>

>>3) and what shall I have to to (I guess to delete such entry in
>>modprobe.conf and reboot??)
>>

>Simply delete eth2 and add a new isdn device with system-config-network.

I had deleted the entry from modprobe.con and rebooted.Still not able to
load ISDN modules at boot-time
If I go to system-config-network no eth2 present but
AVMFritz(PCI)---that is recognized--is configured and not ok.What does
it mean??? and what next???

Tnx a lot for help!!!!

--

 Antonio Montagnani

 Working with  Mozilla 1.6 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2