Re: Sensor Alerts

Randy Ramsdell wrote:

Hannes Mayer wrote:

David Cary Hart wrote:

Assuming that GKrellm detects and reports CPU temperatures that are
reasonably accurate, can someone opine on an acceptable range for a P4?

I was just wondering about the same issue, since my CPU temp goes up
to 60C when compiling stuff.
I found this:
http://www.3degs.net/index.php?page=weblinks&dsn1=nav_weblinks

Link to Intel -> I found a max. temp of 72 for my P4/1.4

When my machine is idle the temp goes down to about 48C

Cheers,
Hannes.

You might be able to look in your bios for anything realted. My bios has a section that print sensor values.

You might also have a look a the "lmsensors" package.

<snip>
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens vitalstream com -
-  Diplomacy: The art of saying "Nice doggy!" until you can find a   -
-                            big enough rock.                        -