Re: burner disappears after update kernel

Marc Wijtkamp wrote:

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 18:21, Jeff Vian wrote:

Marc Wijtkamp wrote:

Sadly enough, dmesg says:

ide1: BM-DMA at 0xf008-0xf00f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:DMA
hdd: _NEC DVD_RW ND-2500A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

The above indicates hdc is a DVDROM and not a DVD burner

Sorry, I read the tail end of the second line, but overlooked the first part. I now have no clue :-(

It's a cdrom/dvd burner.. I am very sure about that since everything is
working using the default 2.6.5 kernel. Perhaps kernel 2.6.6 doesn't
support this device? My other NEC, a cdrom/dvd drive is detected properly. Again, using the
default FC2 kernel there is no problem (eg. K3B is working properly)