Re: DHCP and MySQL

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 21:23, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> AN> Is there any way to force the DHCP service to not to read the
> AN> dhcp.conf file to authorize the leases, and instead to take the
> AN> data base information running in MySQL?

One easy way would be to do an update to the mysql table, then have a
tag part of the script used to update the database with adds/deletes
that writes an updated dhcp.conf file from the new values in the
database.  this would basically automate it so you only have to poke the
values into the database and you would be done.

Although if you were to write a patch for dhcp to use an sql table of
some flavor it would likely be appreciated by many.