Headless dedicated server running FC1, how do I get FC2?

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 19 12:23:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 09:50:08AM +1000, Bill Williamson wrote:
> Matthew Miller wrote:
> >On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 09:35:07AM +1000, Bill Williamson wrote:
> >>Is there a supported or suggested upgrade procedure for people who don't
> >>have physical access to their FC1 box, or are we stuck praying....

> >Really, there's not. Is there any on-site maintenance? Were I in this
> >situation, I'd leave the box at FC1 rather than attempting a yum or apt
> >upgrade.
>
> -Serverbeach server.  Was originally RH9, I bumped it up to FC1 once I'd
> tested it at home due to RHDL being whacked.

For now hang in there.
Remember that you have a couple months minimum...

In the next couple of months others will explore this
same issue over and over.  It may turn out to be
a couple selected simple rpm -i lines followed by a
more massive yum update after a reboot.

Also communicate with your service provider and ask them for
sugestions.  Be clear that you are only planning at this time....

i.e. do not pressure them at this time, I suspect they know less than
you do about the FC1-->FC2 transition and if pressed will give you a
SAFE answer that will bend your bi-metalic strip into a knot.

Remember that you have a couple months easy...

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l