FC2: how to go "up" in nautilus & how to make glide pad tap "click"?

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Wed May 19 14:29:25 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 11:02, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On May 19, 2004, "Peter L. Hurd" <phurd at ualberta.ca> wrote:
>
> > Also, under FC1 my thinkpad R40 glide pad did a mouse 1 click when I
> > tapped the glide pad, any idea how to get this back under FC2?
>
> You need the `synaptics' package (not part of FC2, unfortunately) for
> that to work.  Search fedora-test archives and/or bugzilla for
> instructions on where to get it and how to set it up.

One thing I don't understand: I have an IBM T30 Thinkpad and an IBM
UltraNav USB external keyboard that I use my laptop is docked at work.
I don't have the Synaptics driver installed.

The UltraNav on the keyboard works correctly (tap-for-click and
double-tap-for-double-click... the advanced features like scrolling and
three-finger-tap-for-middle-click don't work, but then they never did
without the Synaptics driver), but the UltraNav on the laptop's keyboard
doesn't.

I read the previous Synaptics thread with much interest, but didn't see
this particular issue addressed...
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves