nvidia and FC2

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Thu May 20 20:02:07 UTC 2004

Rui Miguel Seabra became daring and sent these 1.8K bytes,
> On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 11:58 -0700, Aaron Matteson wrote:
> > Rui Miguel Seabra became daring and sent these 1.4K bytes,
> >
> > > No. They recognized it as a limitation FC has, and that they will
> > > work
> > > around _THAT_ limitation.
> > >
> > > In their view, we are the ones who have buggy software they work
> > > around
> > > with.
> > >
> > > At least that's what their statement says between the lines.
> >
> > You make far too many baseless assumptions.
>
> "We are aware of the poor interaction between our driver
>  and the 4kstack limitation in Fedora Core 2, and hope to release
>      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hadn't seen that, I retract my use of the word "baseless".

>  a new driver soon. I do not have an ETA at this point, though"
>               ^^^^  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> So, not only what I said isn't baseless, but also you don't know the
> definition of soon.

Thats subjective, based on their previous time-to-fixes it should be
soon regardless of a lack of ETA at this point. Time will ultimately
tell.

 | 0 1 0  -> Aaron M Matteson - 0xD144B7FF                         |
 | 0 0 1  --> Windows and Linux C++/C# Developer                   |
 | 1 1 1  ---> Researching the past to understand the future.      |
 | "Upon the one who is capable, vigorous and penetrating to the   |
 | Great Knowledge, the Two Gods Ea and Asarluhi will confer Vast  |
 | Understanding; these Gods will assure her/him a Guardian Angel, |
 | whose name will be pronounced until the most distant times"     |
 | Assyrian Magician's Manual, Kar 44, r. 17-20.                   |
 | aaron.matteson(at)gmx(dot)net - An opinionated email address    |
 | http://aaron.techcommons.info/ - An opinionated blog            |
 | http://aaron.techcommons.info/wiki/ - Projects via wiki         |