Fedora Core 2 (FC2) Offical Release --- CD1 Boot Problem

Alan C. Searles alien at attglobal.net
Sun May 23 04:22:41 UTC 2004

I thought I would just add my voice to the many others regarding the
boot problem with FC2; (I have only tried the official release code).

As specified by others, after the initial text panel, giving the user a
choice to enter certain Linux options, I press <enter>. A few seconds
later, my PC performs a hardware reset and re-boots !!! I have also
tried other combinations and permutations... all with the same result.

The comments that I have read on this matter, have indicated this is a
known problem, and occurs on older machines. Unfortunately, I do not
believe I have "an older" machine... I bought it late last summer. H/W
specs below.

I was certainly looking forward testing out FC2, but I guess I am just
going to have to stick with FC1 !!!

--------------------------------------
Hardware Specs:

CPU Pentium 4 – 2.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus P4P800
RAM 512Mb

CDROM Hl-Dt-St CD-RW GCE 8523B
DVD – Read-Only HL-DT-STDVD-ROM

Hard Drive #1 Maxtor 6E040L0 (41Gb)
Hard Drive #2 Maxtor 6Y080L0 (81Gb)

Network Card 3c940 1000Base [On-Motherboard]
RTL-8029(AS) RealTek PCI card

Printer Lexmark Z52
Sound Card 82801EB AC'97 Audio Controller [On-Motherboard]

System Devices 82801BA/CA/DB/EB PCI Bridge
82801EB LPC Interface Controller
82801EB USB
82801EB USB
82801EB USB