Fedora Core 2 on a Thinkpad X20 - Anyone?

Mike Zingale zingale at ucolick.org
Wed May 26 17:27:02 UTC 2004

I have a Thinkpad T23 running FC2.  Things mostly work for me, although,
it seems a lot slower than FC1.  I haven't looked into this too much.

> Does the ltmodem driver work with FC2?  I had to tweak the makefiles to
> get the driver to compile under FC1, but it did eventually work.

There is an alpha version of the ltmodem driver with support for the 2.6.x
kernel.  I've downloaded, but I haven't yet successfully installed it.
It is not as polished as the previous releases though.

> I also currently use APM (suspend, Thinklight, volume controls, etc.)-
> does APM still work with Fedora Core 2?

I can no longer suspend.  I could just fine with RH 8, 9, and FC1.  I've
filled a bugzilla report on this, and hopefully, some ideas will come
though.  The LED light for illuminating the keyboard works fine.  Volume
controls do to.

Mike