feedback to NVidia [was: Nvidia Drivers]

Paul L. Allen paul.l.allen at boeing.com
Thu May 27 04:35:11 UTC 2004

Greg Trounson wrote:

> To bring things back on topic, I can confirm that the binary NVIDIA 5336
> drivers install and run fine on a stock 2.6 kernel with CONFIG_REGPARM
> turned off in Fedora Core 2.

Just clarifying here.  By a stock 2.6 kernel, do you mean a source
tarball from kernel.org?  That's a pain, but if it's what I have to
do, I'll do it.  I just joined the list this afternoon.  I bet there's
been some discussion that I missed.

I installed the Nvidia 5336 driver onto whatever kernel came with FC2
and it appeared to install OK.  But if I start X, the system locks up
hard.  I have to pull the battery to get it to let go.  The machine's
a Dell M60 with Quadro FX video hardware.  Since running the nVidia
installer, if I run the machine without X, I get frequent "Badness in
interruptible_sleep..." messages.

Fortunately, I have a functional RH9 setup alongside the now-broken
FC2 setup, so I can do things like send mail.  :-)

Paul Allen

--
Boeing Phantom Works                   \ Paul L. Allen, (425) 865-3297
Math & Computing Technology              \ paul.l.allen at boeing.com
POB 3707 M/S 7L-40, Seattle, WA 98124-2207 \ Prototype Systems Group