Re: TurboTax Replacement (was: Quicken Replacement )

On Tue, 04 May 2004 16:07:23 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> At 15:13 5/4/2004, you wrote:
>>I think this is the last big unscratched itch before Linux can seriously
>>penetrate the consumer desktop market.
>
> Can't help you with your actual question, but I'd wager that getting OEM's
> to preload Linux is likely a bigger and more important hurdle. The
> near-totality of Windows users got their Windows with their box.

And getting peripheral manufacturers to start including Linux support
with their gadgets. Things like TV cards, digital cameras, other odds and
ends. Most of those you just plug into Windows, but, if my experience is
typical, getting them going with Linux is like nailing jell-o to a tree.
But I'm impatient, so YMMV.

Chuck