OT: New low for Microsoft!

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Wed May 5 16:02:37 UTC 2004

duncan brown wrote:

>(i'm not going to respond to your entire email bit by bit, as you were
>bringing up SUPER-power user and server scenarios)
>
>and isn't that what longhorn is supposed to be for?  normal usage?  or is
>longhorn their server and workstation AND home solution?

Dont know.. Given that I've never heard about other projects by m$ ,
this makes me believe that longhorn will be their server , workstation
and home solution... But I wonder... why have a server running longhorn
if you need a super computer just to run the OS ? it should be a
supercomputer to run the server.. and the OS should work on any cheap
machine...

If it really is their home solution , then the conspiracy theories kick
in... Maybe m$ and intel are trying to make us spend money ??? Maybe M$
and nvidia or ati??? ;)

I believe that this will be a eternal problem with windows.. considering
the way it was developed , it will always grow bigger and
power-hungry... no matter what they do , unless they rewrite windows
from scratch...

--
Pedro Macedo