Re: Tackling a shared USB printer (linux -> WXP)

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 04:30:41PM +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:

> > BTW:  The above testing on RH9 produces no output for test 1 and works
> > correctly for test 2.  The "cups options" parm is not available in RH9's
> > samba.  I must uncomment the mime.* octet-stream lines for RH9 to print
> > PS from windows, but not PCL.  I would have expected the opposite.

*groan* it's (of course) more complicated, as Michael Sweet pointed
out to me on the CUPS list:

"As long as you are using the CUPS or Adobe drivers for your queues
 (and not the vendor drivers for a non-PS printer), that line is
 unnecessary and will only cause raw PostScript to be printed on
 non-PS printers."

So it turns out *not* to be the case that all Windows-submitted jobs
are necessarily already rasterized.

This just seems like samba should be handling it and setting 'raw'
when necessary (and only then).

Tim.
*/